WFilter for home use.

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

Tim1978

WFilter for home use.

Postby Tim1978 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:43 pm

I am interested in learning more about IMFirewall. I would like to install something like this product on my computer and monitor all traffic from internet. I would like to monitor my sons computer and limit some certain item from downloading to his computer. If I was to download and purchase this product can I install this IMFirewall on one machine to monitor all of my pc’s on my network at home and pay for one user cost or do I need to have pay for all of pcs I have at home. I currently have 4 pcs at home and would like to monitor. Do I need to pay for 4 licenses? If so can the 4 license be entered on one machine or do I need to enter the license on all 4pcs in order for this software to work. Can you please help me out?

gengw2000

WFilter for home use.

Postby gengw2000 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Actually, you need to buy a 5-user license key to monitor the whole network. A 5-user license key allows you to monitor 5 network computers from ONE computer with WFilter installed in.

However, please keep in mind that the WFilter computer shall be connected to a mirroring port of your switch, which means your switch shall be manageable. Check our deployment examples for more details: WFilter deployment examples

And you can download WFilter full functional free trial for evaluation at: WFilter free trial

rolandrat

WFilter for home use.

Postby rolandrat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 pm

I have a 25 user version to monitor/block/restrict access to the many devices in my network.

I have been running with it now for about 5 months or so, and I have installed installed on a standalone Dell server (sounds posh, but it was only £200, special at dell a few years back).

I use a Netgear GS108T managed gigabit switch, costs under £100, this has port mirroring. The dell uses the two network card solution, which one port listens and monitors, the other does the blocking.

I have spent years with all sorts of software and hardware solutions for monitoring and/or blocking and I cant stress how great IMFirewall is, or should I say the stress of finding the right thing that does all the things I wanted is over.

It was a big expense, and to be honest I could do with adding another 10 users to my license, but I just love this product.

leekien

WFilter for home use.

Postby leekien » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:46 am

gengw2000 wrote: Actually, you need to buy a 5-user license key to monitor the whole network. A 5-user license key allows you to monitor 5 network computers from ONE computer with WFilter installed in.

However, please keep in mind that the WFilter computer shall be connected to a mirroring port of your switch, which means your switch shall be manageable. Check our deployment examples for more details: WFilter deployment examples

And you can download WFilter full functional free trial for evaluation at: WFilter free trial

thank all

Return to “WFilter ICF”