WFilter bandwidth usage report can not display

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

Leon

Postby Leon » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:57 pm

I am having an issue trying to get the reports to display what I want. I want a report of how much data has been used during the day per user. I have tried one but most of the users are shown with 0mb next to their name when I know there would have been some site access.

I am doing a bandwidth usage report.

gengw2000

Postby gengw2000 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:02 pm

The "Bandwidth Report" shall be able to provide you the consumed bandwidth report per user.

As you mentioned, most users have zero bandwidth. It might happen if WFilter is improperly deployed. I am wondering is your WFilter able to monitor every computers internet activities in "Online computers"? If not, this is a deployment issue. The WFilter computer shall be connected to a mirroring port of your switch. Please check our deployment examples: http://www.imfirewall.us/help/doc/deployment_example.htm

Leon

Postby Leon » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:20 pm

It is connected to a mirroring port on the switch and it does show the computers up in online computers, however the report has show 3 out of 20 users with any internet activity which i find extremely hard to believe!

gengw2000

Postby gengw2000 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:40 pm

It seems your network is multi-segments. In a multi-segments network, you need to use "By IP Address" monitoring mode. Otherwise, WFilter will treat each subnet as one computer.

You may check the monitoring mode in "System Settings"->"Monitoring Settings".

If problem still happens, please use "Help"->"Support" to submit a support ticket, so we can have more information to check your issue.

Return to “WFilter ICF”