Deploy WFilter with Linksys 48port switch model SRW248G4

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

tianxi

Postby tianxi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:11 am

I am now struggling to get WFilter to work on our workstations and not sure what exactly I am doing wrong.

I would like to monitor the 6-8 computers on our network (ideally from one location with either a workstation or server). All the workstations are on the same domain.

I would like to simply monitor the traffic, IM, sites and usage on the workstations but not restrict anything at this stage. I have managed to tie one workstation with active directory and installed Wfilter on some workstations but I am not getting anything showing on the reports for any workstation.

We also use a Linksys 48port switch model SRW248G4 if that helps but please could you let me know what the best way would be to deploy this as I am very interested in purchasing this product.

gengw2000

Postby gengw2000 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:28 am

Please follow below steps to deploy WFilter:

1). Install WFilter in one computer. (You only need to install WFilter in ONE computer to monitor your whole network).

2). Access your linksys switch's web-UI to setup a mirroring port. Please check this guide: WFilter deployment with linksys srw224G4 switch

3). Connect the WFilter computer's network cable directly to the "Port Mirroring Target Port" of your linksys switch.

4). Done, now WFilter shall be able to monitor all your computers.

5). If your computers number is more than the default trial number(25), you can apply for an evaluation key to monitor more computers from this url: Get WFilter Evaluation Keys

Return to “WFilter ICF”