Incomplete web surfing details report

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

bing

Postby bing » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:53 am

We have Win XP Prof and Win7 32 and 64 bit prof, each client is assigned IP address by a DHCP. When I Go to Statistics & Reports--> Detail Reports-->Web Report Tab, under the first drop down box choose Selected Users and click the button Choose Users I pick my name then choose Last Month and for report type: Web Surfing Details and click Run Report and got the report!

The problem is I can only see web surfing details data for two days.

I know this detail report is wrong I was here from June 3 to 7 Vacation 10 to 14 back the 17 for good, what is wrong? To many missing days??

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:02 am

I doubt you're using "by ip address" mode of WFilter. In "by ip address" mode, WFilter identifies users by ip addresses. It is possible that you were assigned by other ip addresses for the missing days.

Please check this document: http://www.imfirewall.us/support/WFilter_4_0/Doc/WFilter_identify_users.htm

If your network is single segment with DHCP, you'd better use "by mac address" mode. Or change the DHCP settings to provide static ip address to each mac address.

bing

Postby bing » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:25 am

Our Network is a multi-segments, your manual recommends in a multi-segments network use "By IP Address" see below.

Monitoring Mode:

1. Using "By MAC Address" mode, WFilter will identify a computer by its MAC address. It is recommended in single segment networks. However, in a multi-segments network, you need to use "By IP Address" mode because MAC addresses can not be retrieved behind a router.

2. Using "By IP Address" mode, WFilter will identify a computer by its IP address.

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 am

In "by ip address" mode, data and name are bound to ip address. You shall have other solutions to fix the ip addresses. Otherwise, the history data will be mixed up.

Three solutions avaiable:

1. Use static ip address.

2. Modify the dhcp server settings to provide static ip address for each mac address.

3. Enable "account monitoring" and monitor by ad users.

Please check this document: http://www.imfirewall.us/support/WFilter_4_0/Doc/WFilter_identify_users.htm

Return to “WFilter ICF”