Does WFilter only work while the browser is open on the WFilter page?

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

Robert2013

Postby Robert2013 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 am

I have just purchase your WFilter app only a few days ago and starting to use it. So far, so good. I like how it is working. I do have doubts that I would like to ask for some advice or support:

Does WFilter only work while the browser is open on the WFilter page? If I close the browser it stops all processes, or do some processes remain running? I wish to know this for 2 reasons.

1) If it keeps running, how do I stop it, this is because due to the reason of thinking in resources it may be taking from my cpu and memory when I don't wish to use it.

2) Is there a way to keep it running in the background without having the browser page open? So it would continue collecting data. This two reasons are know they are different needs but the ideas is for me to understand more how it works.

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:25 am

WFilter works as a windows service, which starts on system boot. It is started before you opening the browser. Closing browser will not shutdown WFilter processes.

If you want to stop WFilter, you can click "Stop" in "System Settings"->"Monitoring Settings". This behavior stops WFilter monitoring process, except the UI webserver(webservd.exe). To completely stop wfilter processes, you can stop the "wfilterd" service in windows "services".

Return to “WFilter ICF”