IMFIREWALL not showing all online computers !!

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

wakhan

Postby wakhan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 am

Hello All,

I am using evaluation version of Wfilter IMfirewall for 500 computers. The server is placed beofre Proxy server (ISA). The problem is that IMfirewall is not showing all computers in the same LAN, in monitor settings i have this range (10.80.0.0/16) defined. But the computer with IP(10.80.10.51) never comes online in IMFirewall. Though other PC with IP 10.80.10.53 shows onlines. what i mean to say that IMfirewall picks randoms computers and sometime dont show other online computers.

Second at the same location i have tested other software named LANDETECTIVE and it shows all computers. so i am confused that where i am wrong with IMFIREWALL configuration.

Please help as we have urgent requirement of IMFirewall in our enviroment.

Regards,

Waqas Ahmed

Network Engineer (PERN 2)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 pm

1. By default, WFilter only analysis traffic between local network and the internet. So since you are using a local proxy server(ISA), you need to add the proxy server ip address to "Local Servers" in "Monitor Settings" of WFilter to make WFilter work. For example, suppose your ISA server is 10.80.10.2, you just need to add "10.80.10.2" in "System Settings"->"Monitoring Settings"->"Local Servers" of WFilter.

2. Please make sure all computers "Enable Monitor" are enabled in "Control Settings"->"User-computer table".

3. I am not sure your meaning of "before proxy server". Actually, it should behind the proxy server, like: ADSL<->ISA<->WFilter<->workstations. Please check this deployment example for more information: http://www.imfirewall.us/help/doc/deploy_cisco2950.htm

wakhan

Postby wakhan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:02 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem of online computer is solved as those IPs (computer) were not enable in Control Settings"->"User-computer table". But why those IPs was not enable, as i did not changed any settings.

Now i have few more issues.

1. Can i see Account name and computer name with IPs, Because right now its just showing IP. In Accont Monitoring settings i have enable the monitoring by account but still no success. So please help in this regard.

2. Its not showing all EMAILS as i did 10 emails from my system but it only show 4. WHY ?

3. Can i recontrsuct the HTTP PAGE user accessed? Becoz when i open it, it shows machine language.

Regards,

Waqas Ahmed

Network Engineer (PERN 2)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 am

It was because the trial version monitors 8 computers by default.

Below are my answers for your new questions:

1). WFilter will not show computers name, unless you configure it in the "User-computer Table". However, it should be able to show account name when properly configured. Please follow this guide to check http://www.imfirewall.us/help/doc/WFilter_account.htm , if you still can not see the account name, please send me the "userAgent log" which can be found in "Advanced Settings" of "Account Monitoring Settings".

2). Which kind of emails did you send/receive? Can you give me more details of the missing emails? eg: local email server or internet email server, email client program and version, email provider.

3). No. WFilter only records web titles and links. We don't save the pages because it will consume huge disk space. The "machine language" might because you're accessing a page which needs authentication.

Return to “WFilter ICF”