WFILTER not detecting my LOCAL EMAIL SERVER ?

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

wakhan

Postby wakhan » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 am

Hello All,

This is my monitoring setting configuration:

Monitoring Settings --> LOCAL SERVERS ---> EMAIL SERVER IP (10.72.0.99,10.72.0.100) Proxy IP (10.72.0.69)

But my issue is that Wfilter is not detecting my local servers emails. Is there is any other configuration setting

which i need to turn ON for this to work ?

Second my other issue is sometimes Wfilter dont show my YAHOO and HOTMAIL emails? And sometime it work perfectly !

so why its not consistent ?

Regards,

Waqas Ahmed

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 am

First, have you mirrored local email servers traffic to WFilter? Since you have two local email servers, you need to mirror both email servers port to WFilter computer in your switch settings.

Second, what is your email server program version? For email protocols, only POP3, IMAP4, SMTP and LotusNotes are supported. If you're using "exchange server" with outlook as the client program, I am afraid it can not be recorded because the default exchange server traffic is encrypted.

If you are using outlook with the default exchange server protocol, you may have two solutions to monitor exchange server emails:

1. Force the clients to use pop3 or IMAP4 to receive emails, which can be monitored by WFilter.

2. Use exchange server's admin account to receive a copy for all emails. Exchange server itself provides such a feature to monitor all incoming/outgoing emails.

And we did find some compatible problems for web email with different browsers, which browser are you using?

Return to “WFilter ICF”