Need help for blocking of several protocols.

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

wfilter1

Postby wfilter1 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:12 am

I want to block search engine images and translate. like Google, Bing images and translate. one of my other request is to block ultrasurf, ultravpn and hotspotshield and zenmate extension in google chrome. Please help me to block these things.

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:43 am

To block google and bing translate, you need to block websites "translate.google.*" and "www.microsofttranslator.com".

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 am

However, Google now redirects users to their SSL site by default. To block google images, you need to disable google SSL Search at first.

Please check "Option 3" in Block adult content at your school with SafeSearch

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:17 am

ultrasurf uses TLS connections to a lot of relay hosts. To block it in WFilter 4.0, you need to enable "https whitelist". I would recommend you to wait for a few weeks for WFilter 4.1 version, which has a new technology to block this program in a few clicks.

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:36 am

to block ultravpn, you only need to block openvpn in the "Other" tab of your blocking policy.

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:50 am

For WFilter 4.0, please download and unzip the attachment and copy "pattern.xml.new" into "config" directory of WFilter. You will get "google translate", "bing translate" and "zenmate" and "hotspot shield" protocols in "Others" tab of your blocking policy.

If you're using WFilter 4.1, you can download the protocols directly from our online protocols database. (the 4.1 release version will come in a few weeks. )

Attached files pattern.xml.new (2.2 KB) 

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:53 am

Blocking of google images and bing images are more complicated. I will write a guide for you in our blog.

Return to “WFilter ICF”