Monitoring adapter: cannot monitor other computers in system settings

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:15 am

Dear Friend,

I need the help I am connecting Wfilter using the Edimax technology wifi router 802.1n which I am using that as a hub. I connect one port from that router to switch and other port to computer. SO that it is displaying list of computers in the Real time bandwidth. I am not sure why this is coming. Others support will be great. "Monitoring Adapter: Can not monitor other computers" is the error in the dashboard screen. It was ok for some time then again this error started.

Regards

Fareed

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:39 am

This deployment won't work, unless the "Edimax technology wifi router 802.1n" has "port mirroring" feature. But unfortunately, it does not support port mirroring.

You need to check other deployment solutions:

1. for pass-by deployment, you need to have a device with "port mirroring" feature.

2. for pass-through deployment, you need to bridge your pc between your router and switch.

Please check: wfilter deployment examples

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Dear Friend,

I have seen in one Article that Hub will work in case if there is no manageable switch, so that hub will work. If I use the hub then everything will be ok?

Regards

Fareed

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:32 am

Please notice only 10M-based broadcasted hub can work, but I am not sure you can get a broadcasted hub.

Return to “WFilter ICF”