AD Account Monitoring - cannot remove some accounts from monitoring.

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

greg

Postby greg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophos virus protection creates a "SophosUpdateMgr" AD user which I am trying to remove from the User-account Table. I need to do this because, when a computer connects, logons from both the person's AD account,and the generic Sophos account are recorded, and often WFilter shows the Sophos account as the name, instead of the person.

In the User-account Table, I click Delete, then Save Settings, then Apply Changes. But the account keeps coming back.

This is the last remaining problem with ur trial. We would like to purchase if we can solve this problem.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 pm

It seems this anti-virus program logons an AD user automatically, so WFilter can not get the correct user. However, current version of WFilter does not have an AD-user exception list.

I just discussed this with our R&D team. They agreed to add this exception list as a new version in a later version of WFilter. And the new version will be available in this week.

I will let you know then the new version is ready.

If your trial goes expire, you can apply for a new evaluation key from http://www.imfirewall.us/require_evalute.htm to extend the trial.

greg

Postby greg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Fantastic! Thanks very much for the quick response. I look forward to the update.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:18 am

The update is ready. You can find a link named "User Exception List" in "User-computer Table"->"User-account Table".

Now you can add "SophosUpdateMgr" into the "User Exception List" to get the real account name.

The last version of WFilter is "en.3.3.183", please follow this guide to upgrade: http://blog.imfirewall.us/How+To+Upgrade+Wfilter+Manually.aspx

Return to “WFilter ICF”