How to block QQ and skype using WFilter Enterprise?

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

eddie123

Postby eddie123 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm using wfilter to control our organisation by the way i having some problem to configure:

1) I want my staff can online view website but i need to block their IM using like QQ, skype and etc. I was enable the block level seeting but the user still can using qq and skype but i can block msn.

2) I found some user still can using 酷狗音乐 to download music and 暴风影音 and etc to online watch movie (i already enable all blocking rule and only allow them can using view the website only)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:53 pm

WFilter uses passby filtering technology, which can not block UDP traffic. So to block QQ and skype, you need to block UDP ports 1024-65534 in your router. Blocking these UDP ports will not affect your internet access.

"酷狗音乐" and "暴风影音" can also use HTTP protocol to download video/music files. To block them using WFilter English version, you need to enable "Downloading Black/White List" to block web downloading of video and audio files. Or you can use WFilter Chinese version to block these two protocols, because Chinese version of WFilter supports more Chinese protocols.

eddie123

Postby eddie123 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:48 pm

I have a question is If I block the UDP port which mean all the staff cannot use the qq and Skype? How about if I need to allow management level people to using the Skype and qq?

For the "酷狗音乐" and "暴风影音" already set as your request but the user still can use any idea about this

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Block the udp ports will not block qq and skype, because qq and skype can switch their ports to tcp ports automatically.

"酷狗音乐" and "暴风影音" also supports downloading from UDP ports. So please block the udp port first.

Return to “WFilter ICF”