Can I purchase 1 license for my server and block all ptp traffic of client workstations?

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

Paul

Can I purchase 1 license for my server and block all ptp traffic of client workstations?

Postby Paul » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi, I run a hotspot server. The server is a firewall NAT with 2 NIC's. There is basic filtering on the built in software, but we are finding it impossible to stop the PTP traffic. I found your software and am very interested. Can I purchase 1 license for my server and block all ptp traffic that my customers try to use, or do I need license for every customer? All customers have to go through the server to access the Internet.

gengw2000

Postby gengw2000 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:10 pm

We recommend you to purchase licenses for every client computers. For example, if you have 100 client workstations, you need a 100-user license.

It is because the complexity of p2p blocking, if you only monitor/block the external NIC, WFilter will treat all computers as one computer. In this case, while one computer is using p2p program, it might trigger blocking of other computers.

You may download WFilter evaluation version to make a try. In "System Settings"->"Monitoring Settings", if you choose the external NIC, you only need one license, if you choose the internal NIC, you need licenses for every client.

The evaluation keys can be applied from: http://www.imfirewall.us/require_evalute.htm

Return to “WFilter ICF”