How do I block File Storage & backup sites such as rapidshare.com , hotfile.com...?

General discussion about WFilter ICF features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

Frid

How do I block File Storage & backup sites such as rapidshare.com , hotfile.com...?

Postby Frid » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I would like to know whether your software able to block File Storage & backup sites such as rapidshare.com , hotfile.com, depositfiles.com, megaupload.com etc....

gengw2000

Postby gengw2000 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:45 pm

The answer is "yes". You may use "website black list" of WFilter to

block these websites. This guide might be helpful:

http://blog.imfirewall.us/How+To+Block+Websites+At+Work+During+Working+Hours.aspx

Frid

Postby Frid » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:53 pm

I understand that I can use "website black list". But the problem is there are hundreds or thousands of these type of File Storage & Backup websites.

I could not manually add in all these addresses. One day if my employee found out another File Storage website, he/she could just upload confidential data out of the company.

This is the hard part I'm considering right now.

gengw2000

Postby gengw2000 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:59 pm

In that case, you may enable "Block Web Posting When Post Size Exceeds ** Bytes" and "Block Uploading Files via Web Pages". These two options will block webpage uploading.

However, please keep in mind that these two options are applied to all webpages, including "web emails", "bbs topics"..., which means if uploading in web email and bbs will also be blocked.

For webpages you don't want to be blocked, you can add them into "website exception list".

For more about blocking internet uploading, please check: How to block file uploading to internet

Attached files

gengw2000

Postby gengw2000 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Or you can enable "website white list" to restrict accessable websites to working websites only.

Return to “WFilter ICF”