Wfilter free is blocking my SQL server based Accounts software which runs online

General discussion about WFilter Free features, problems, configuration issues etc.

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

Alipk52

Wfilter free is blocking my SQL server based Accounts software which runs online

Postby Alipk52 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:48 pm

I am I.T worker in medium business, just setup my Wfilter free app to see and insist my boss to get Wfilter Enterprise, but it is not blocking many Streaming sites like videoweed and other popular streaming sites, but what it does is it is blocking my Accounts software based on SQL server, it runs online over the internet as well as local account. When I turn off Wfilter, the software starts working...this is why my boss is not giving me clean chit for buying Enterprise version. Please can you guide me why it blocks my software? It runs on 1433 and 1434 UDP/TCP port, so my thinking is maybe some of the streaming or p2p or gaming sites I set to block is using the same port 1433/1434, how can I get through it? It is the most neccesarry software obviously for our company.

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:19 am

1. Streaming sites not blocked issue. WFilter Free does not have an URL database to block streaming sites. So I assume you're using the "Block online videos" option to block video sites. However, please be aware that this option does not block streaming of https sites. To block streaming https sites, you need to enable "website black list". And if you use WFilter Enterprise, you can enable "Website Category Filter" to block streaming sites since WFilter Enterprise has an URL database.

2. SQL server blocked issue. I would recommend you to check "Current Online"->"Blocking Logs" to know the applied blocking policy and reason. And the solution is to add your server ip into the "Domain/IP Exception List" in the "Web" tab of your blocking policy.

Alipk52

Postby Alipk52 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:00 am

Wfilter is blocking the SQL Server, and wfilter is assuming it as torrent, therefotre, it is blocking the ip address of the server we are connecting to, i detected the issue through blocking log, where the entry appears as "xxx.xxx.78.92:1433 bittorrent" but this is my SQL Server IP, not bittorrent, and this ip does changes periodically. any solution? please note that no url is involved in ihe server, we would also want to keep torrent block.

Return to “WFilter Free”