WFilterROS bandwidth cap issues.

WFilter NG Firewall

Moderators: imfirewall, gengw2000

miphone

Postby miphone » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:29 am

In "ISP" module, I see you support the 2 types, Rate limit and Bandwidth cap.....

For instance, all my customers will need to be limited to say 5mb down and 1mb up for speeds... which I assume is the Rate limit policy... so I will give everyone this policy when I set them up...

Then however, if any customer goes over their data we will need to punish them by slowing their speeds down using the Bandwidth Cap.... is this correct?

I guess what I am asking is it possible to have more than 1 policy per customer? because after reading everything it seems to me that you only apply 1 policy per customer?

Is this correct?

Basically I am wondering how will I limit customers speeds, AND ALSO slow them down if they go over... It seems this would take BOTH policies per customer to do what I need.

imfirewall

Postby imfirewall » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:30 am

Unlike WFilter Enterprise, all modules of WFilterROS work seperately.

In this case, you need to choose "bandwidth cap" for users in the ISP module.

Also you need setup bandwidth limit in "Bandwidth Shaper" to limit realtime bandwidth rate. http://wiki.wfilterros.com/Ipcontrol

To set a lower bandwidth rate for clients exceed the cap, you also need to set bandwidth limit to the exceeded group in "Bandwidth Shaper".

Return to “WFilter NG Firewall”